How We Make An Impact
Why We Exist
What We Stand For
Sustainable learning cultures require skillful leadership at all levels including: administrative leadership, teacher leadership, school board leadership, state organizational leadership
Effective professional learning is grounded in research-based standards and begins with ambitious goals for students, knowing that learning increases when educators reflect ton professional practice and student progress. Standards for Professional Learning may be accessed at this link.
Powerful change occurs in all aspects and levels, context, content, and process, of educational systems and includes all stakeholders – students, teachers, parents, administrators, and community members. Schools’ most complex problems are best solved by educators collaborating and learning together
Remarkable professional learning begins with high expectations for all students and educators and is sustained through shared responsibility for student learning.
LearningForward-MO believes research demonstrates there is a direct connection between high quality professional learning, high quality teaching, and student achievement. Thus, the primary purpose of professional learning is school improvement and the success of every child. To ensure development and growth of school districts and educators, LearningForward-MO holds the following values.
- LearningForward-MO will promote professional learning designed around the LearningForward definition so all students achieve.
- LearningForward-MO will engage its members in quality professional learning in support of professional learning best practices, collaboration, facilitation, and the change process
- LearningForward-MO will develop high quality professional learning leaders who will influence professional learning practices and resources so all students will achieve at high levels.
- LearningForward-MO will advocate for adequate resources to support high quality professional learning for adult learning and collaboration.
- LearningForward-MO will use a variety of strategies to inform Missouri educators of professional learning best practices.
- LearningForward-MO will consistently model learning methods desired in organizations and classrooms
- LearningForward-MO will use multiple data sources to assess its impact on professional learning practices
- LearningForward-MO will be an organization that reflects and celebrates the diversity of the state.
- LearningForward-MO will support networks for sharing professional learning best practices within the state that include educators, parents, community representatives and policy makers.